I recently came across Jessica Marquez’s Stitched Gifts: 25 Sweet and Simple Embroidery Projects for Every Occasion. Her designs completely won me over and have inspired me to learn to embroider. For a while now, I’ve been drawn to certain types of embroidery and simple compositions featured in small round hoops. I’m looking forward to learning various stitching knots and a new craft.
Do any of you embroider?
Let’s talk about boots, baby! Boots are one of my favorite wardrobe elements. I love their versatility, and the way the perfect pair can tie outfits together to create a unique style. Here are some of this season’s loveliest pairs:
1. Classic leather ankle boots made in the USA by the Vintage Shoe Company.
2. These Italian-made leather and suede booties are of the latest additions to the Madewell boot collection.
3. The Zipcode Boot. Meg and I each have a pair of these ankle boots, and couldn’t be more pleased with them. Wear them with tights and skirts, dresses, or skinny jeans…or for a more laid-back look, a slouchy pair of denim. In addition to black and brown leather, these boots also come in four shades of soft suede.
4. Camp boots, hand-crafted in Maine. For sale right now at Creatures of Comfort, one of my favorite online clothing shops.
5. The Greyci Bootie by shoe style-icon Aaron Osborn. Osborn shoes are hand-made and use textiles and patterns from South America. Check out the Greyci, as well as many other colorful booties, oxfords, and flats here.
What are your favorite boot styles?
I’ve been admiring TOPO Designs for more than a year. Their bags are made of Cordura and lined with coated pack cloth to protect gear against adverse weather conditions (bonus: they are handmade in Colorado). I recently received their classic Klettersack as a gift, and couldn’t be happier with it. It’s the perfect size for toting school books, office necessities or everything you need for a long day hike. Heavy duty Cordura paired with buttery leather – it’s a modern take on a classic design. I’ll be using the Klettersack for years to come.
It looks like they’re currently sold out of the Navy/Leather color combination, but check out these other awesome options (and these sweet tees)!